Thursday, November 6, 2008

Oh my Goodness, Oh My Goodness!!

I just checked the mail and got the electric bill, and I am soooo excited. Ok, I know that most people don't get excited when they get their electric bill but mine is about 1/4 of what we budget it for it.

Drum Roll Please .... My electric bill is only $246.36

Please keep in mind that this is only the second month that we have had a full electric bill at our new home. At our last home our electric bill averaged about $1000 a month and it was only about 2600 sq ft, so when we moved into our new home that is 5050 sq ft we thought that maybe we had been billed incorrectly last month when the bill was only $380. Looks like this house is a lot more energy efficent or maybe it is just that hubby isn't home much to leave the lights on.

To be perfectly honest, the first thing that crossed my mind was I can spend more on Christmas, but I think that if I am creative and frugal that my budget will be generous enough. So looks like a little extra for the savings account, or I might just let my hubby pick out a little something nice for himself.
I might actually be able to afford to put lights on my house for Christmas this year.

No comments:

Blog Archive