Last night I received this comment and feed the need to clarify my position:
" Anonymous said...
I thought this blog was about frugality until I saw your Christmas lists. Ha! I suppose everyone's "frugality" is different that's all. Did you mean that your lists was just what they wanted or that you actually intend to deliver?"
Yes, that was their wish list, they will get some of those items, but not all of them.
I want to clarify that I frugal but I still like and enjoy very nice things. I just don't want to pay retail for them. I live in a very nice home, drive nice cars, I have nice jewelry, the big screens, ect... I'm not giving up my lifestyle style, I'm just obtaining the things we want or need in the most frugal manner possible.
I'm not furgal because I have to be, I furgal because I choose to be. In the past people who were frugal were thought of as poor or lower middle class, and that just isn't the case any more. We are normal everyday people that are choosing to keep more of our money in our pockets.
Before I left the corporate world, I was a Purchasing Agent. It was my job to get the product or service at the lowest possible price without giving any on the quality. I have adapted this to my family life and am teaching others to do the same thing. Anyone can be frugal. By being a smart confuser you are keeping more of your money in our own pocket so you can afford those nicer gifts. Last night hubby and I were in WalMart picking up a few gifts, I was behind a lady purchasing groceries using coupons and price matching, she was carrying a Coach purse, had on True Religion jeans, and some killer boots, and I noticed in the parking lot that she was crawling into her Lexus SUV. Did she need to use coupons and price matching, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no.
I like to think that I am a smart consumer.
- Happy New Year's Eve Everyone
- Merry Christmas!
- No COUPONS!
- What I've Won This Week!
- Free Fruit Roll-Ups!
- A Neat New Way to Earn A Little Cash!
- Circumstances Change
- I Miss My Grocery Deals Too!
- Tales of A Tightwad is hosting a GiveAway!
- Free Entertainment Book!
- Give Me More GiveAways!
- Looks like a Great Coupon Weekend!
- Well, Things Have Been A Little Crazy!
- Are You Ready To Advertise?
- JCPenney Sale Saturay Dec 13th
- Circuit City has Free Digital Frames
- KB Toys is Going Out Of Business
- Aeropostale Coupon Code Today Only...
- Free Winter Health Samples!
- The Winner of My First GiveAway Is......
- A New Look!
- Walgreen's Deals 12/7-12/14
- Nickelodean sponsors $500 Walmart GC Giveaways
- Aeropostale Online Sale Today Only
- Freebies at Target!
- Free Maybeline Lip Products
- Free RedBox Movie Code
- GiveAway Reminder!
- Sweet Online Deal At Blair!
- I need your feedback
- Get your Chevron Gift Cards
- I'm Frugal, Not Cheap!
- Budgeting - Getting Started
- Save Money Avoid Late Fees
- RedBox Movie Codes
- Sorry, Things Have Been A Little Crazy
- Free Johnson's Buddies Bar
- Save $3 on Disney DVDs
- Another Free Razor
- Saving Money in the New Year
- New Blinkies In Stores This Week!
- Free $10 From Coinstar
- Cheap Pork Chops For Dinner
- Tackle It Tuesday!
- My New Free Knives!
- I need ORDER!
- ▼ December (47)