Thursday, December 4, 2008

Saving Money in the New Year

Saving Money in the New Year - With the new year upon us, I am giving more and more thought to ways that I can build my savings in the new year. Most of us make a resolution every New Year's to save more, well, this year I actually want to save more. I am trying to come up with ideas that I will actually do to save.
I think the most important thing to do to keep my motivated to savings it to have a goal that I am saving for. I'm not sure yet if I want a certain dollar amount goal, or a "I want to buy that and it's $X" kinda of goal. I am trying to decide what will be more motivating for me. The key to savings is to find what works for you and do it your way.
To keep me even more motivated I will be postig my progress here for you all to see! Yikes! I am hoping that this in itself is enough to keep me motivated.
I hope to have the details worked out soon, I have to talk a few things over with hubby, as I will need his support to accomplish my goals.
So what works for you? Do you have any saving goals?

No comments: